Spectrum is one of the streaming applications available on Amazon Fire TV devices, which has various famous TV shows and movies on it. It enables people to watch all their favorite content without needing any separate cable connection. However, sometimes, users experience an unexpected error in the app, after which it stops working. If you’re also suffering from the same issues and searching for solutions for the spectrum app on Firestick not working, then worry no more because we’ve outlined all the fixes for you.
Quick Fixes for Spectrum App on Firestick Not Working:
There could be multiple reasons why the Spectrum app stops functioning. Either you have not installed the app correctly, or you have an unstable internet connection. Your internet speed can also be an issue because the Spectrum app requires a minimum of 10 Mbps for proper streaming. So, if you’re wondering why the Spectrum app doesn’t work on Firestick, you’ll have to take into account all these things. Below, we’ll discuss the solution to each of these reasons one by one.
Reinstalling Spectrum App: Delete and Sideload using Downloader
To reinstall the Spectrum app, you’ll first have to delete it from your Firestick device and then sideload it again.
Let’s first understand sideloading. When you download or install the app from some third source on your device, it’s called sideloading. It’s done when your device doesn’t directly authorize the installation of certain apps, such as you cannot directly install the Spectrum on your Firestick TV.
There are various apps available online that people use for sideloading. However, here, we’ll use the downloader app as it’s the most popular choice on the Amazon app store right now, having more than 500,000 reviews.
So, we’ll do this process for the Spectrum app on Firestick not working in three main steps. First is deleting the Spectrum app, then downloading the downloader app and installing the Spectrum up through the downloader. Here’s how:
Deleting Spectrum App/ How to Delete Spectrum App:
- Open the home tab on your Firestick TV and go to setting options on the right
- Open the applications tab under settings
- Select the “Manage Installed Applications” Button
- You’ll see a list of all apps present on your device. Find the Spectrum app by scrolling down.
- Upon clicking the app, you’ll see a list of different options. Click on the uninstall tab and confirm the uninstallation. Your app will be deleted.
Downloading Downloader App/ How to Install Downloader App:
It’s also very easy and can be done in the following steps:
- Go to the home tab again and click on the find button
- Write the downloader app name in the search bar and click search.
- The downloader app will appear in search results. Click on it and then hit the download tab.
After this, the downloader app will be downloaded and installed on your Firestick device. Now, before being able to spectrum app on the downloader app, you first have to enable its downloading officially on the device.
Enabling Installation of App on Downloader/ How to Enable App Installation Via Downloader:
- Navigate to the home screen and press the settings tab.
- Scroll down to my Fire TV option and click on it
- Select the developer options button.
- Now go to the app from unknown sources button and turn it on to enable downloading apps from unknown sources
- Now, navigate to the downloader app under my apps section and click on it. It will now be turned on to allow app installations.
Installing Spectrum App on Downloader/ How to Install Spectrum App Through Downloader:
- Open the downloader app by scrolling down on my app section on the home page. On opening the app, you will be given guidelines and asked to give access or permission. Enable it, and the downloading section will appear, as shown below.
- Now search for the Spectrum app by writing this link: bit.ly/spctm-fire-tv and press the go tab. The APK file will start to download, as shown below.
- Once downloading is complete, press the next button to install the app.
- When the app is installed, hit the open button. The home page of the Spectrum app will appear. You’ll now be able to start using the app by logging in with your credentials.
Sideloading of Spectrum App Through ES File Explorer
If the above method doesn’t work and you still find the Spectrum app on Firestick not working, you can use an alternative app for sideloading, which is the File Explorer App. Just like the downloader app, the file explorer app is also present in the app store of Amazon Firestick.
Installing ES File Explorer:
It’s almost the same as for the downloader app.
- Click the home tab of your Fire Stick and navigate to the find tab.
- Write ES File Explorer and hit search.
- Open the File Explorer App (white and blue color) appearing in the top results and press the download option. After a few minutes, the app will be downloaded to your Firestick. These pictures show the File Explorer Manager app, but you’ll download the ES File Explorer app only.
Enabling Installation of the App Through ES File Explorer:
- Go to home section by pressing home button on Firestick remote and open the settings tab.
- Go to my fire TV button and press it
- Hit on the developer options tab.
- Now allow installation of unknown apps by selecting Turn on.
- Go to the ES app and activate it by clicking on it. It will be ready to download the Spectrum app.
Installation of Spectrum App by ES File Explorer:
- Open the downloaded File Explorer app from the home menu under the Apps section
- Once the app is opened, go to the downloader button and press the new tab on the lower left side.
- Now write the link https://bit.ly/3ihdcza in the path section of the appearing box and press ok. It will start downloading.
- After downloading the Spectrum app is completed, press the install tab, and then the app will be ready to open and use, and your problem of the Spectrum app on Firestick not working will be resolved.
Power Cycling/Restarting of Fire Stick:
If you’ve tried the above re-installed methods but the spectrum app on Firestick is not working even after that, then try the power cycling method. It’s mostly done when you see similar glitches while using other apps on the Firestick.
Power cycle simply means doing an off-and-on or restarting test. It means you’ll restart your Firestick, and after that, your Spectrum app should work fine. You can do it either by manually unplugging or navigating through the menu settings on the Firestick. Let’s see how.
Restarting by Manual unplugging:
- Switch off your Firestick by unplugging the power switch
- Remove the Firestick device from your TV port
- Pause for a few seconds (30)
- Connect back to Firestick by Inserting the device into the TV port again
- Turn the power on by plugging the switch again into an electrical outlet
Restarting by using the Firestick Menu on TV:
- Open the home menu and press the geared setting button
- Click on the My Fire TV option under the settings section.
- Scroll down to the restart button and press it. Your Firestick will be restarted in a few moments.
Look for Network Problems by Checking Internet Speed
As explained in the beginning, you need a minimum of 10 maps speed for your spectrum app to stream efficiently. So, there might be a possibility that your Spectrum app on Firestick is not working because you don’t have the required downloading speed. To resolve it, do the internet speed checking test as follows:
- Open the Google Chrome and search for internet speed test
- You’ll see a lot of websites offering free internet speed test
- Open the relevant link, and press the start button to run an immediate speed test on your internet
- Your speed results will be displayed. If it’s equal to or more than 10mbps, then there’s not a network issue. You can try the above power cycle method to see if your app works or not.
Make sure your downloaded Spectrum App is updated:
Sometimes, errors may also occur if your app doesn’t have the required updates. Therefore, you also have to check if your current app version is up to date or not. It’s done in two major steps. The first step(a) involves settings on your Firestick menu, and the second step (b) involves using a laptop or a PC. Make sure you also know your IP address to check why the Spectrum app on Firestick is not working using this method.
Firestick: Enabling options of unknown app sources and ADB Debugging:
- Take your Firestick remote and press the home button on it, then open the settings
- Open my Fire TV tab and select the developer options tab
- You’ll see both options here. ADB debugging and Apps from unknown sources. Turn both these buttons on one by one
- Navigate back to the settings menu, Press the network button, and note down your device’s IP address after finding it
Now, you’ll be able to install the relevant spectrum updates using your laptop or computer as follows.
Laptop: Updating Spectrum Using Online Browser:
- Visit the Jocala Software website at link http://jocala.com/adblink.html
- Now scroll down and download Adblink through the link address given for different operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Then you’ll install the Adblink software, followed by its launching
- Press the new button after it is launched
- The next step is the identification of the Firestick. You’ll have to search for your Firestick device name on the description tag.
- After that, an address text box will appear. Write your IP address In this box and then press the save button
- Now press the option of “Select Device.” Once you’ve searched your Firestick device there, hit the Connect tab
- Then, use this link https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spectrum/spectrum-tv/ to download Spectrum’s APK file and hit the install option.
- Find the APK file for Spectrum on your laptop/PC and open it
- Press yes on the appearing install box
After completing these steps, your Spectrum app will have all the current updates once you reinstall it on Firestick. It’s quite a complicated method, but it’s worth a shot when you see no other solution for the spectrum app on Firestick not working.
Try Updating the firmware of your Firestick:
Sometimes, you may also find the Spectrum app on your Firestick not working if the software or firmware of your Firestick is not updated to its latest version. Therefore, you’ll also have to check that it stays updated. Here’s how to update it.
- Open the home page of the Firestick, then open the settings.
- Now you have to open the About settings. You can either find those under the device and software section, as shown below, or inside my Fire TV button section. Here, we are proceeding with the former one.
- Under the About tab, you’ll see the button to check for updates. When you press it, the details of your present software version will appear on the side. In this picture, it shows that it’s updated, and there’s no pending update. However, if your Firestick is running on an older version, you’ll see the option of downloading updates on the side. You’ll download it and then install it, and your Firestick’s firmware will instantly be updated.
To sum up, although the Amazon Firestick doesn’t allow direct downloading of the Spectrum app, you can install it from sideloading apps and enjoy unlimited streaming of your favorite shows. The next time you see your Spectrum app on Firestick not working, consider trying our above-mentioned solutions. We hope that all your app glitches will be gone after trying these fixes. You can watch movies and TV Shows on it Here is the list of best movies to watch on it.