Wondering how to connect ps4 to laptop HDMI? Follow our step-by-step guide and learn how you can link your PS4 to your laptop screen using an HDMI cable in no time.
Are you a gaming lover who wants to play your PS4 on your laptop? Do you want to know how you can use HDMI Cable to connect your PS4 to your laptop? If yes, then continue reading because this blog will guide you on how to connect PS4 to laptop HDMI in simple and easy steps.
Connecting PS4 to laptop through HDMI:
Before we get into the details, keep in mind that this process may not be suitable for every laptop. It’s because the HDMI port of PS4 and the HDMI port on most laptops are both output ports. That means both of these ports are designed to send data outside, so if you simply connect them together, you won’t see any results. Therefore, for this method to work, your laptop must have an input HDMI port. So, before you start the connection, make sure your laptop is compatible and has a functional HDMI-in-port.
- The first step is to connect your laptop and PS4 using an HDMI cable. So, attach one end of the HDMI cable to the output HDMI port present on the back of your PS4 and attach the other end to the input HDMI port present on your laptop. Make sure your PS4 is turned off while you connect it to your laptop.
- Now, turn your PS4 on and allow your console to boot up. Sometimes, your console may require updates to work correctly. So, make sure that it has the required firmware updates.
- Once connected, configure your laptop setting for HDMI input so that it can read the PS4 as an input device. That means you have to shift the HDMI input setting of your laptop to the PS4. The most common way to do this is to go to “display settings” on your laptop. Under the display setting tab, look for the “multiple displays” option or simply click on the detect option. Your laptop will start detecting your PS4 as an input source and will display its output on the screen once selected. Keep in mind that this configuration process may vary depending on your laptop model or features. However, the overall procedure to connect PS4 to laptop HDMI would be the same.
- Now that your laptop screen is displaying your PS4, you can start your gaming adventures as such if everything is optimized. If not, you may first have to optimize the audio and resolution settings in your laptop to match it to that of Ps4’s for a seamless gaming experience.
- For resolution settings, open your PS4’s settings menu, then go to the “video output setting” section under the sound and screen option. You can adjust the resolution as you like after selecting the HDMI output.
- For audio settings, you’ll first connect your PS4’s audio cable to your laptop’s audio port. After that, open the sound settings on your laptop. Navigate to the playback option and then choose the PS4 audio option. After that, you can further adjust the audio settings as you like.
- Now, do the final testing by playing any game on the PS4. Ideally, everything should work efficiently at this stage. However, if you don’t see the image displaying on your laptop screen, you may have to adjust the image and audio settings again.
In case you still encounter problems when you connect PS4 to laptop HDMI, here are a few things you can try to resolve the issues.
- Double-check that the cable is connected properly on both devices
- Try changing the HDMI cable or shifting the HDMI port in case there are multiple ports available on your laptop
- Sometimes, the process doesn’t work if there are any pending updates. So, make certain that your laptop is updated with the latest graphics.
- Sometimes, restarting the devices can also help. So, try turning your devices off and on again.
- In some cases, the PS4 start playing the audio automatically instead of playing it through the laptop. To listen to the game audio through your laptop speakers, you’ll have to adjust the PS4 audio setting by configuring its output through HDMI and then choosing the option of laptop audio under default playback.
- What should I do if there’s no input HDMI port on my laptop?
You can opt for alternative methods of connecting the PS4 with the laptop. For example, you can try either using an ethernet cable (given that the ethernet port is present on both devices), or you can use different adapters like USB-C to HDMI or DisplayPort to HDMI. Or you can buy a separate monitor or LED for display.
- Is it possible to connect more than one laptop to ps4 simultaneously?
No, the PS4 supports only one laptop at a time that is directly connected to it.
- Can I play the game using a keyboard or mouse when connected?
Although it’s possible, using the relevant game controller is mostly advised to enjoy the gaming experience at its best.
- Is it possible to connect ps4 to any laptop?
You can connect your PS4 to any laptop’s screen, either Mac or Windows, given that it has a functional HDMI input port.
- What’s the process of connecting ps4 with a laptop using HDMI?
You just need an HDMI cable for this purpose. If your laptop and PS4 both possess functional HDMI ports, you can follow the steps mentioned earlier to connect them and play games using your laptop screen as a display.
- Is there a need for extra software other than HDMI cable?
No, there’s no need to install any extra software. Just make the connection and follow the steps right, and you’ll be able to play PS4 on your laptop in a few minutes.
- Will my PS4 will be powered by the laptop using this method?
No, you’ll need a separate power source to turn on your PS4. Your laptop is only acting as a displaying unit by taking input from PS4 through an HDMI cable. It won’t provide power to it.
To sum up, individuals can connect PS4 to laptop HDMI through the above steps and use their laptop screen as a temporary monitor to fulfil their gaming adventures. Although it’s a good solution for immediate needs, it’s always best to invest in proper monitors and display units. This way, you can enjoy your PS4 games with the best resolution and voice quality without any inconvenience. Until then, follow the above steps and get your laptops connected to your PS4 in no time.