- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to your PS4’s output port and the other end to your laptop’s input HDMI port. Ensure your PS4 is off during this step.
- Power on your PS4 and update it if necessary.
- On your laptop, navigate to the display settings and adjust the HDMI input to recognize your PS4.
- Adjust your laptop’s audio and resolution settings to match the PS4 for a better gaming experience.
- Test the setup by playing a game on your PS4 to ensure everything works correctly. Adjust settings if needed.
In case you still encounter problems when you connect PS4 to laptop HDMI, here are a few things you can try to resolve the issues.
- Make sure the HDMI cable is securely connected to both the PS4 and laptop.
- If issues persist, try a different HDMI cable or another HDMI port on your laptop.
- Ensure your laptop’s graphics drivers are up to date to prevent compatibility issues.
- Restart both your PS4 and laptop to resolve any temporary glitches.
- For audio problems, adjust the PS4’s settings to output sound through the HDMI cable to your laptop’s speakers.
- What should I do if there’s no input HDMI port on my laptop?
You can opt for alternative methods of connecting the PS4 with the laptop. For example, you can try either using an ethernet cable (given that the ethernet port is present on both devices), or you can use different adapters like USB-C to HDMI or DisplayPort to HDMI. Or you can buy a separate monitor or LED for display.
- Is it possible to connect more than one laptop to ps4 simultaneously?
No, the PS4 supports only one laptop at a time that is directly connected to it.
- Can I play the game using a keyboard or mouse when connected?
Although it’s possible, using the relevant game controller is mostly advised to enjoy the gaming experience at its best.
- Is it possible to connect ps4 to any laptop?
You can connect your PS4 to any laptop’s screen, either Mac or Windows, given that it has a functional HDMI input port.
- What’s the process of connecting ps4 with a laptop using HDMI?
You just need an HDMI cable for this purpose. If your laptop and PS4 both possess functional HDMI ports, you can follow the steps mentioned earlier to connect them and play games using your laptop screen as a display.
- Is there a need for extra software other than HDMI cable?
No, there’s no need to install any extra software. Just make the connection and follow the steps right, and you’ll be able to play PS4 on your laptop in a few minutes.
- Will my PS4 will be powered by the laptop using this method?
No, you’ll need a separate power source to turn on your PS4. Your laptop is only acting as a displaying unit by taking input from PS4 through an HDMI cable. It won’t provide power to it.