The Dalai Lama has introduced a cellular app for fans to stick up to the moment together with his travels and teachings.
The exiled Tibetan religious chief, 82, already has a Twitter account with greater than 16 million fans.
His unfastened app, recently most effective to be had on iPhone, will dangle information, movies, pictures and knowledge.
In 2013 the Roman Catholic Church introduced the Pope App, which adopted the Confession app the place customers may stay observe in their sins.
And different non secular apps have sprung up, permitting leaders to be in contact with congregations and serving to other folks in finding meals that conforms to their non secular necessities whilst travelling.
The Dalai Lama’s app, merely titled Dalai Lama, does no longer have sufficient scores but for a issues scoring at the app retailer.
The Dalai Lama
- His identify is Tenzin Gyatso
- Born in Tibet, he has been in exile for 6 many years since Chinese language government suppressed a Tibetan rebellion
- A Buddhist, he’s recognised as one of the most international’s main non secular figures and persistently preaches non-violence and tolerance for different faiths
- He advocates self-rule for Tibet inside of China however is seemed via Chinese language government as a “splittist”
- In 1989 he gained the Nobel Peace Prize
- The BBC has been not able to discover a of him the usage of a smartphone